Saturday, May 10, 2008

DC...again! (Part 3)

After class on Saturday I started texting TheBat to meet up with me around 2am after the infield, but she had a bedtime so that was a no go.

TheBat: What about earlier?
BB: My DC friends are pissed that I haven't made time for them yet. (LIES!)
TheBat: Poo! I've got work on Sunday.
BB: What are you, a nun? Come out around 2am.
TheBat: Ha! Come back to DC next weekend? :)

We'll see, little one. We'll see.

While I was a little too busy with the students to pull anything for myself this evening, there were a few moments that I would like to share with you all.

First of all, here is a picture of a girl one of the students isolated on the first night:



Cute. Sweet. Friendly. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Now...here is a picture of that same student with a girl on the second night:



The system works, my friends. The system works.

Second, Puzzler came to join me upstairs at one point, followed by some very loudly dressed gentlemen. They started to stare at me, so, being the friendly guy that I am, I introduced myself.

BB: Hi!
SomeGuy: Hey man. We're from the lair.
BB: Oh, were you guys at the talk on Thursday?
SomeGuy: Nah. We're from the bla bla bla lair.
BB: Oh. Um...cool!
SomeGuy: So, you're teaching a bootcamp this weekend?
BB: That's right. I'm here with Puzzler, The Don and Knoxville.
SomeGuy: Well, how about a little friendly competition?
BB: Sorry man, but I'm with students right now. Good luck, though.

Now, obviously I don't know this guy very well, so I'm not going to make any prejudgments on his game or general character, but I heard similar stories come from the other instructors that night and they worry me.

It does not matter what other guys in this community think about you. You do not need to prove to anybody...ANYBODY...that you are good at game or a valuable person or whatever. The only thing that matters is that you make progress at your own pace. If you are dating one girl and are happy as a clam, do not think that you have to ditch her so you can open more sets, or have a three-some or something (unless that's what YOU want). Get good enough so you can be happy, and fuck whatever anybody else says is "success."

I am NOT SAYING that this is what SomeGuy's motivation was, but just in case, let me set the record straight. I am most definitely not some sort of gunslinger set on establishing my dominance in pick up. What matters to me is that my game is really good, not worrying whether it is better than some other guy's. That type of mindset is antithetical to everything I like about game. I enjoy sleeping with women, but what I enjoy even more is supporting my boys, whether that be by helping them get over approach anxiety or simply distracting the ugly obstacle.

And as a side note, I spend enough of my free time making trivial bets with dudes, like "I'll bet I can eat more fries," or "Race you to the car." When I'm out at a bar, I'm there to either meet ladies or help my friends and students meet ladies.

Okay. I'm off my soapbox now.

And lastly, as part of some drunken desire to entertain ourselves, The Don, Knoxville and I set about disqualifying the shit out of ourselves to some girl who was in the front seat with our cab driver.

Girl: You guys get pizza or something?
Don: Yeah. I had too much. It's coming out of my ears.
BB: Well, then you shouldn't have filled up on semen before you left the house.
Knoxville: I told you that you were drinking too much semen!
Girl: Ugh. Are you guys gay?
Don: No! God! We didn't get the semen by sucking dicks or anything.
BB: Yeah! We drank it out of a cup like normal human beings.
Don: Seriously. We got it from Wholefoods. There's a whole section there next to the eggs and shit.
Knoxville: It's organic. No preservatives or hormones added. All free range.

Then we giggled like little girls until we got back to the hotel (and a little the next day).

2 comments:

Ethan Giffin said...

Great post... and great time at the bootcamp. Thanks again!

Big Business said...

Thank YOU for the comment, the compliment, and for checking out the blog!

Your shit is money. Never forget.