Sunday, July 20, 2008

Textbook isolation

Tonight was night 4 of going out and kicking ass, only to find myself in deep comfort with some married woman. As I have stated before, I do not sleep with married women out of principal, so you can imagine my frustration at having my time wasted this whole weekend. The conversations were fun, the women were beautiful, but come on. The whole weekend and every girl I isolate is married?! Fuck you, statistics. You are testing my moral code and I don't like it.

Still, it reminded me of something to share with you guys.

This is textbook isolation. It has probably been said a hundred times, but I am going to reiterate it for you guys. It is, at the very least, an awesome tactic for guys going out sans wing.

It seems almost silly to devote a whole blog entry to it, but when my friend's saw me doing it tonight they were blown away. I figured, "Surely there is at least one person out there who DOESN'T already know to do this." This blog entry is for you, mysterious stranger.

You cannot isolate a two set without a wing. You try to just talk to one and the other gets pissy and drags her friend away so she has someone to chat to.

Now, a three (or more) set...that's different.

Open the set, get everyone to like you, then sort of start directing your conversation more towards your target than everyone else. I started next to my target, addressing the whole group, giving the obstacle's attention as a jealously plot line.


With any luck the obstacles will start to pick up the conversational slack once you start to focus on your target by just talking to each other. Once that happens, you slide over so that your target's back is facing her friends. Just move over to the bar stool while talking to distract from the fact that this is happening.


Seems obvious, right? You'd be surprised.

Technically this is more of a mini-isolation, but it serves it's purpose well. Just so long as they can't see each other and have secret silent girl communications to each other, then you are good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I love your blog because you can break everything down. What I especially love is how you break it down, with images and just good text. Keep it up bro!

Unknown said...

Hell yeah, you should take some subject like esclating once you get her back to your place, or whatever, and just break it down because you make it really easy to follow whats going down.