Thursday, July 31, 2008

The exciting LR conclusion: Junto

When we left our hero, he had just left his friends in a bar as they closed their tab and made their way home to masturbate. BB, seeing opportunity walking by in the form of a cute girl (Junto), cleverly initiates a conversation, as he is now free to be his awesome self without the accusatory stares and cockblockery of his d-bag friends.

BB: Do you know the subways well? I'm trying to get the red line uptown.
Junto: I think it's a few blocks that way.
BB: That was the most excited telling of directions that I ever heard.
Junto: I'm having a really good day.
BB: Way to go. What happened?
Junto: Just had fun at work, then got a drink with some friends.
BB: I also had an awesome day today.
(Pause. Wait for her to ask. Test for/get her invested in the interaction. I believe this is called creating a "void")
Junto: What happened?
BB: I'm a fireman. I saved an extra five or six babies today. I usually save fifty two, but today it was like fifty seven-ish.
(Humor. Attraction spike)
Junto: That's a lot of babies.
BB: That's a lot of grateful mom's, which is why I became a fireman in the first place. (sexual framing) No, seriously, I just had fun at work today as well. I work at a restaurant and I really like the people I work with, then I just did a show which went really well.

POINT) That last little bit is filled with what I'm going to call identity bombs (though I'm sure someone in the community already has a name for it). If you say the above sentence to a girl who has no interest in you whatsoever, she will totally ignore it. If you say it to a girl that you've taken the effort to build a little attraction with, then they are like girl-crack. They want to know everything: what restaurant, why do you like the people, what'd you all do today that was so fun, what kind of show, why 'd it go well...etc.

When you set up those little identity bombs and they go off (ie the girl asks you to elaborate), then they explode (ie you get to elaborate with attraction/comfort material that is part of your identity). It turns you into a real person who has a life and experiences that she wants to hear about, so long as they don't involve carrying bungee cord in the trunk of your car to kidnap people you meet on the street.

If she asks, that's an IOI, plus you also just bought yourself a good ten or twenty minutes more of conversation, which means more physical escalation, more qualification, and more identity bombs, which is exactly what I did.

After a few minutes of convo, I bounced her from the street to a bar for chatty chat. At that point it is almost just a waiting game to see the best time to go in for the make out.

POINT) I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if a girl you met on the street twenty minutes prior is excited about getting a drink with you RIGHT NOW, then you can probably kiss her with no problem. At worst, you are assuming attraction, which you should be doing anyways.

I'm going to finish up with a deconstruction of the last 20 or so minutes with Junto. Over the past few weeks, I've been playing around with my own game to see what has the best effect as far as keeping women around as long as possible. I've always been a big believer in not making out with women in bars as it usually releases all the great sexual tension you built. In an effort to experiment and improve my game however, I started making out with Junto in the bar I bounced her to, about 45 minutes after I met her on the street.

YES, it did qualify her, but not in the way it should have (ie it could be purely physical) and YES, it did slow things down nicely to avoid the SNL and go for something more long term. BUT...it also had the effect of creating a negative power swing. I became the "guy who wanted to make out and fool around," instead of the "guy who I wonder if I am cool enough for him to want to make out with me!"

It created an extra hurdle for me to overcome, and so I am once again going to state that one should never make out with women in bars, especially if you are going for the SNL. One should physically escalate up to the point of making out, but do not make out until you are in a sex location.

WUTANG!

No comments: