Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Keys to the VIP"

Disclaimer: I have not watched a lot of the show I comment on below, just a few episodes. Enjoy!

Some of you may have checked out this TV show (Canadian, I think) "Keys to the VIP" where players are put through pick up trials in real bars with real girls, while 4 pick up commentators watch and pick a winner.

I've seen a two or three episodes and do not hate it. It is actually an excellent resource. Rarely does one get the opportunity to watch approaches like this, with every moment cataloged and available for scrutiny. Even when someone fails (especially when someone fails) there are still volumes to be learned.

Here's the interesting part, though: I see very little game being played on this show. I do not see tactically sound, skillful pickup being done on this show (excluding the episode with Cajun, who is incredible and dominates). What I DO see, are men who are sub communicating incredible confidence and status. What I DO see, are men who can re frame interactions strictly by virtue of owning their own body. What I see more than anything on this show is inner game. Tight, tight inner game.

Fader says inner game beats routines any day of the week. Future (I believe) says you can get away with anything if you've got a strong frame. This show is evidence of just that.

If you can find it (episode 4 maybe?) take a look at Kyle v. Mark. These guys (especially Kyle) are not doing anything except walking up to girls and telling them they are hot, and they are destroying, strictly by virtue of the confidence they exhibit without even saying a word (Mark even gets digits without saying a word. Literally).

On a completely tangential note, I appreciate that on one episode both players blew SO hard that the hosts gave the prize to some PA that was hanging out as they were filming, aka "That Guy." Check it out. It's good for a smile.

No comments: